The ASEAN Tourism Forum (ATF) is a cooperative regional effort to promote the Association of the Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) as one tourist destination. This annual event involves all the tourism industry sectors of the 10 member nations of ASEAN.
Member Nations of ASEAN are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
ATF 2018 Theme: ‘ASEAN – Sustainable Connectivity, Boundless Prosperity’
Each year ATF organize among ASEAN member countries on the rotational basis. In 2018, It was held in Chiang Mai, Thailand as 37th edition of ATF.
Objectives of ATF are to project ASEAN as attractive, multi-faceted single destination and attract more tourists to ASEAN member countries.
Components of ATF were TRAVEX, ASEAN Tourism Conference, NTOs and Tourism Ministers Meetings etc.
It held between 23nd Jan and 26th Jan 2018 in CMECC, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Sellers and Buyers participated in TRAVEX for tourism business networking and Media from all over the world attend ATF for covering the highlights and press briefings of the ASEAN member countries. It is the best place for sellers and buyers to come together and maximize their participation by one-to-one meetings.
Highlights of the ATF 2018 in chronological order…
- Meeting of ASEAN NTOs at Shangri-La Hotel.
- Pre- Tour of Chiang Mai City.
- Lao PDR Night at The Empress Hotel Convention Center
- Attractive stalls from ASEAN member countries in TRAVEX at CMECC.
- Media Briefings by Thailand and Vietnam at CMECC.
- Opening Gala Dinner at Royal Park Rajapruek.
- Artists from Thailand showcasing their handicraft and handlooms works through the exhibition.
- Buyer- Seller Appointments in TRAVEX at CMECC.
- Booths in TRAVEX at CMECC.
- Media Briefings by Singapore, The Philippines, Malaysia, Myanmar, Lao PDR, and Brunei at CMECC.
- Vietnam Night at Khum Kham Luang Grand Ballroom.
- Philippines Night at Le Meridien Hotel Chiang Mai.
- Press Briefing by Cambodia, Indonesia, and PATA at CMECC.
- 6th Meeting of ASIAN-India Tourism Ministers at Shangri-La Hotel.
- UNWTO Book Launching: Thailand Stories at Shangri-La Hotel.
- Tourism Minister Press Conference at Shangri-La Hotel.
- ASEAN Tourism Awards, ASEANTA Awards, and Closing Ceremony at Shangri-La Hotel.
- Farewell Party at Chiang Mai Night Safari.
Tourism Ministers from most of the East Asian countries Meet and discussed on promotion and development of tourism in respective countries. And TRAVEX was the wonderful networking event for the buyers and sellers coming from all major countries. Mediapersons from all over the world covered the event, press conferences, and all other major programs. ASEAN Tourism Forum 2018 concluded with the Farewell and left a beautiful image of Chaing Mai on my mind. Wish to revisit Chaing Mai, Thailand.